Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
ROADSIR

Default Whereabouts of a 1961 "Peach" colored T-bird sold after the 2008 Cedar Rapids Flood?

I recently purchased an old 40 Ford coupe that was a long time Iowa Hot Rod, and I have a post on the HAMB trying to find out more history of the car.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/t...-coupe.992094/

In the process of researching the history I have made contact with the daughter of the original owner. She is tracking down some photo's and other items that should stay with the car for me.

She has also asked if I could help her track down the whereabouts of a 1961 Thunderbird that she helper her Father sell after the 2008 flood in Cedar Rapids Ia.

Her Father passed away not too long ago, so it would mean a lot to her if she could find out how the car looks now. I think the original color was Sunset Coral? or Summer Rose?

Post up if you have any information.

Here is a note she sent:

I was just wondering if maybe your car friend circle could help me find my dad's other antique car. It was a 1961 Ford Thunderbird. It was peach in color with white leather interior. When the floods of 2008 hit we had that car in a rental garage right down the street but closer to the river. There was a semi behind the garage and we couldn't get it out. The car flooded up to the instrument panel. I remember it having very low miles...maybe 53,000 original comes to mind. I helped my dad sell it on eBay on 10/31/2008 for 3126.09. The guy came and picked it up on a trailer I believe from Illinois. He was going to fix it up for his wife to drive around. He was supposed to show us the finished product but never got back. It was a beautiful car...but my dad was 75 and not ready/willing to do that kind of work. The water only came up to about 2 inches on the Ford tires. I'll never forget...the military evacuated the whole neighborhood but my dad stayed. He moved all his guns from safes (and he had a lot of them) up a ladder and to the garage attic. He had no electricity, no alarm system, he was not leaving.....and he was the one person they didn't make leave. The guards on the corner even knew him by name and knew he was there and respected his purpose. He lived by candle light and ate off the Red Cross Food truck. Oh you bring back memories for me.

Let's see if we can find some pics!
ROADSIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 PM   #2
ROADSIR

Default Re: Whereabouts of a 1961 "Peach" colored T-bird sold after the 2008 Cedar Rapids Flo

Back up. Still looking, let me know if you have any information.
ROADSIR is offline   Reply With Quote