Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-14-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
mrtexas

Default 1941 front mouldings

I bought these on ebay "You cannot tell for certain from the photos, but these moldings are absolutely for the front fenders of 1941 Ford cars. The short straight pieces that are continuations of these moldings across the front of the front fenders, are not included. We do not have any."

The 41 I bought from a forum member had early front fenders without mouldings and later rear fenders with moldings.

The front moldings for 41 are two pieces for each side? Seller also included an additional molding. Perhaps I could cut the missing pieces from the third piece? Could someone post a picture of what I am missing?

mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #2
nospartsman
BANNED

Default Re: 1941 front mouldings

Here are some photos of the short front fender moldings which are the extensions under the headlight to the grille for the front fender moldings on 1941 Ford Super Deluxe models. As you mentioned, you may be able to make some of these from an extra molding. Start with a straight section and cut it a little long to bend it over for the angled end for right or left side that goes toward the grille. The other end, the splice end is stepped, but you would not have to step the pieces you make. Just put a piece of steel tab (maybe stainless) to join the two moldings. You won't see the tab when the two pieces are butted together. This short molding has a slight concave shape to follow the fender between grille and below the headlight. To anticipate your question if a pair is for sale. I'm sorry but no, I have a fist full of NOS front and rear 1941 moldings for passenger car and sell them as complete sets only, they are expensive. The short 1941 front fender pieces have always been 10 times harder to find than the long fender moldings. Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1573.jpg (85.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1574.jpg (42.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1575.jpg (24.0 KB, 19 views)
nospartsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
mercman from oz

Mrtexas, Here are 2 pictures of the front Fenders on the 1941 Fords. The top photo shows the Early Three Piece 41 Ford front Fender, while the bottom photos shows the updated 41 Ford front fender. I hope that this bottom picture is a help to you. Regarding 1941 Fords, I only know of one 1941 Ford Sedan in Australia, and this one is a recent import from South Africa. These photos were taken in the USA.
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #4
mercman from oz

Just located 2 more detailed photos of the 1941 Ford fronts. The bottom picture may be helpful to Mrtexas in detailing the Chrome strips that you are seeking.
Just an observation, but if you look closely, you will see that the Grilles are different at the top on these 2 cars? If you look at the very top right hand corner, you will see that the Tan car has Hole, while the Maroon car is solid in this area?
I don't know if one is a Reproduction and the other Original?
Old 12-15-2015, 12:47 AM   #5
mercman from oz

Here is a close-up shot the top right hand corners of these two 1941 Ford Grilles, showing the differences., as mentioned in my above Post.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:46 AM   #6
Chuck Kuntz

I may have a pair of those moldings that you need. I will check today and get back.
Chuck
Chuck Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:31 PM   #7
fordor41

Check with mark kicsak 1 607 7291693 (marks 41-48 ford parts)
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:47 AM   #8
Deucekoop

Send a message via ICQ to Deucekoop

Merc man I bought my 41 convertible from Geelong and the guys son had a 41 Tudor for sale as well.The convertible is now in nz
Deucekoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:10 AM   #9
mercman from oz

It is believed that one or two 41 Ford Convertibles could have been brought here by Americans to serve as Staff Cars. A few Tudor Sedans have been recently imported. Only Fordor Sedans were sold here new, plus some Sedans were made into Utes for the Army. Would love to see a picture of your 1941 Ford Convertible. Is it RHD or LHD? regardless, there are not many 1941 Fords in Australia.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #10
Deucekoop

Send a message via ICQ to Deucekoop

Both cars were imports from the states about 4 years ago
Deucekoop is offline   Reply With Quote