Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #21
Ford Flathead

Default Re: H&H Flatheads

Thanks for all the support. And as always just give me a call if there is a problem and I will try to take care of it.
Thanks
Mike Herman
H&H Flatheads
Ford Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 PM   #22
Fairlane500

H&H are a great company and Mike Herman a professional to deal with. I took a leap of faith with H&H half way around the world, they delivered and I wouldnt hesitate doing business with Mike or H&H again, he is true to his word and stands buy his workmanship and builds one helluva flathead.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #23
pauldeborr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Sounds like
whine.jpg

This is awesome! Thanks for that, we are here to help people not hurt people.
pauldeborr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #24
Strick

what were you looking for in airing your negativity here? so I bought a new Ford 5 years ago, the warranty expired at 3 years/36 months and you just bought it from the guy I sold it to. the alternator goes out and you want to hold Ford Motor Company responsible?????
Strick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #25
Frank Miller

I had a standard block I was sure would clean up a .020. I wanted the pistons when I brought it to the machinist so against Mike's advice I ordered them. Well It did not clean up at .020 and I had to humbly call back to get bigger ones. He sent me the new ones and I returned the old ones. I asked what I owed him for shipping and he said I was all set. I can't testify for all his customers and every business is going to have a few not satisfied but Mike took care of MY mistake.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:21 AM   #26
Hoop

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
MAYBE .... some of us are making some mistakes in responding to posts like this one.

"dschwartz" posted what he believed to be an honest warning about what he thought was unfair treatment by H&H. Notice he did not ask for the forum's opinion ... but, naturally you can bet he was going to get it.

MAYBE ... the best thing to do is discuss whether or not he has a valid complaint against H&H. Suggesting that he is a whiner or that he's made mistakes in grammar does not help settle the main issue.

Some folks are quick to attack the person rather than the person's ideas ... there's a huge difference in trying to overall discredit someone and trying to debate a specific issue. "dschwartz" is a member of the Ford Barn. He may or may not be wrong, but deserves respect in any case.

Further, it does not really matter how many engines H&H has built or how fairly Mike Herman has treated his other customers. The issue is whether or not "dschwartz" has a valid complaint against H&H with HIS engine. I bet Mike will agree.

MAYBE ... no matter how much you disagree with "dschwartz", it's best he post his concerns here. I think he's found that the best solution is to discuss it directly with Mike Herman ... he learned that here. I also hope he will continue posting on the Ford Barn.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 AM   #27
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

I know several people that work on old cars and since none of them actually do engines they send the customer to the rebuilders directly to avoid the problems of the third party warranty.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:18 AM   #28
fourtydlx

Send a message via Yahoo to fourtydlx

I live in so cal,not far from h&h,lots of engines in my area,Haven't heared any bad news. Not fare to mike to spread gossip. Just my opinion for what its worth.
fourtydlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #29
JWL
Member Emeritus

When I install sleeves I leave a step in the bottom of the bore where the new sleeve is pressed down against the shoulder. It becomes impossible for a sleeve to move down regardless of the abuse or mis-use which might occur. I am not aware of the specific details of the subject engine but, unless the sleeves were original Ford replacement sets there should not be any reason for sleeve movement.
JWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #30
Ford Flathead

I always step my sleeves in. The over torque pulled the deck up and cracked it and caused the sleeves to move. On the bottom of the cylinder there is no gap or even machine part line showing.
Ford Flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #31
okiedokie

I am assuming he bought the motor second hand to save money. I am sure it was very expensive still. That would make me very unhappy also, but I would never go back to the original builder about it. Maybe to the person who sold it to me, although there was probably a reason it was sold. I think that posting the story is fine, education for all. I think that to exclaim that H&H is to blame is just rediculous.
okiedokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:49 AM   #32
Mike51Merc

Dan: Didn't you think the "5 years ago" part was an important detail in this discussion? And where's Jody Martin in this picture? Did you buy it from him last week or 5 years ago?

Mike H: If he didn't contact you first, then why is he claiming you denied a warrantee?
Mike51Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #33
JM 35 Sedan

I've followed this post here and on the EFV8C/A website and FWIW here is my take on this....
Mike Herman (H&H Flatheads) you have a very good reputation and I doubt this post will have any negative affect on you or your business.
Mr Schwartz I don't think you made the best decision to post your grievance with H&H on a public forum, BUT I certainly can feel your pain and frustration over what has happened to your engine.

I guess a good ending to this story might be that Mike Herman does offer to help Mr Schwartz in some way to get his engine problems straightened out. Even though this would not be expected, it would definitely be a good faith gesture on behalf of H&H.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #34
BUBBAS IGNITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I've followed this post here and on the EFV8C/A website and FWIW here is my take on this....
Mike Herman (H&H Flatheads) you have a very good reputation and I doubt this post will have any negative affect on you or your business.
Mr Schwartz I don't think you made the best decision to post your grievance with H&H on a public forum, BUT I certainly can feel your pain and frustration over what has happened to your engine.

I guess a good ending to this story might be that Mike Herman does offer to help Mr Schwartz in some way to get his engine problems straightened out. Even though this would not be expected, it would definitely be a good faith gesture on behalf of H&H.
DITTO !!!!!! SHOULD BE THE END.......
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #35
Capn John

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post

WHY??? It's 5 years and a third party! Let him go back to Jody Martin!
Capn John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #36
uncle buck

After all of the public posting and hearing the feeling of grief of the orig poster, I don't think anything Mike could offer at this time will satisfy him enough to actually become a customer of H & H 'S , so if I were Mike , I wouldn't bother.
uncle buck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #37
Bassman/NZ

If the damage was caused by over torquing, which seems to be the case, there is no obligation by H&H of any kind to repair this mess.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:15 AM   #38
4dFord/SC

IMHO, if my only knowledge of H&H Flatheads came from this thread, and I had a flathead that needing rebuilding, I wouldn't hesitate to send it to them. JMTCW.
4dFord/SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #39
moefuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Flathead View Post

I am not in the position to hand out money 5 years later based on your word you assembled the engine correctly and never over heated the engine.

Nuff said.

moefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #40
Tim Ayers

Man, seems like a nice enough offer. I agree with Mike that this should have been handled off the "net".

Just because it is an open forum and folks can post whatever they darn well please doen't mean they should.

I think we can all learn a lesson from Sen. Anthony Weiner and Brett Farve. Just because technology lets you take and send pictures of your junk, doesn't mean you should or it is a good idea. As we know, it only leads you down a road to trouble.

Same goes with blasting a guy's business over the net. It just isn't the first step or the right thing to do if you never contacted them first.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote