Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-31-2015, 07:58 AM   #21
BlueSunoco

Default Re: MARC National dues to increase in 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
How about the big three auto manufacturers?
Mike that is getting closer. Fiat, who bought Chrysler, is now trying to ditch that company. They approached GM recently about a possible merger, GM told them quite bluntly to go 'you-know-what' now Fiat/Chrysler is positioning themselves to try a hostile takeover of GM. Chrysler is facing many, many millions of dollars in debt w/ the Govt. fines and the Dodge pickup buy-back of 500,000 trucks.

Concerning the dues increase yeah not a big deal for most of us and I understand BUT sadly in today's world it is Insurance and liability driving everything out of reach. It will only keep getting more and more expensive.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #22
31 Model A

Location: Here I am in front of Todd's Grocery in 1931 selling Grit newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSunoco View Post
Mike that is getting closer. Fiat, who bought Chrysler, is now trying to ditch that company. They approached GM recently about a possible merger, GM told them quite bluntly to go 'you-know-what' now Fiat/Chrysler is positioning themselves to try a hostile takeover of GM. Chrysler is facing many, many millions of dollars in debt w/ the Govt. fines and the Dodge pickup buy-back of 500,000 trucks.

Concerning the dues increase yeah not a big deal for most of us and I understand BUT sadly in today's world it is Insurance and liability driving everything out of reach. It will only keep getting more and more expensive.
As long as Ford stays Ford, as they did a few years ago with government handouts, the other auto makers can continue to speak Chinese, Italian or German all they want....IMO!!! As for the buyback...."they don't make'em like they use to" and who's to blame there????????????????????????

"Hey Lady, ya wanna buy a Grit?"

"If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old" Will Rogers
31 Model A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:03 AM   #23
msmaron

Send a message via AIM to msmaron

ONCE again back to the topic at hand...the dues will be increasing, thanks for everyones support..It is truly appreciated !!!!
National Facebook Admin.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MARC.group/

A7191-Sport Coupe
29 Roadster
29-Town Sedan
29-Original Special Coupe
msmaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 AM   #24
Hicktick

Everything goes up ,., except my belly want go nowhere ,.,.

Notice these news magazines going belly up .,

Old 07-31-2015, 12:56 PM   #25
SHEC

"Nieve" or naïve? Just saying.............. everyone knows what was meant to be said. Thank you "hotrodalley" - points well made.

Two clubs probably the norm for now and well into the future.

BTW - I am a Coca Cola (No Pepsi allowed!) guy that has only black wall tires on all my Model A's, and always will. I still use 10/30 wt. DEFY partial synthetic oil and it has some ZINC to help offset that argument - oh, and it is definitely a detergent oil.

Also, I am the stock Model A Ford owner known as a "hot rodder" due to my awesome original 40 HP four banger- in the local Model T Ford club - yes I am an outlaw. I dropped out of our local MAFCA chapter as it was not to welcoming to younger families and I had been a member since age 13.

Have fun everyone- let the conversations continue!

Be well -

SHEC
SHEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:00 PM   #26
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmaron View Post
ONCE again back to the topic at hand...the dues will be increasing, thanks for everyones support..It is truly appreciated !!!!
MAFCA is following suit on dues increases too. $50/year starting in Jan. 2018, a 25% increase over the present.

Was bound to happen sooner or later.

Last edited by Jeff/Illinois; 07-02-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #27
Barry B./ Ma.

Well I guess it's hit the tipping point for me, I've had to set limits and have even cancelled some magazine subscriptions. The elderly fixed income is taking hold and limiting any unnecessary expenses, good bye, one club.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 03:06 PM   #28
KR500

You could skip the dues of both clubs. No nothing of the membership meets or Nationals being held and purchase the Technically speaking manuals and others. When the MARC and MAFCA memberships drop, they may realize a way to reduce costs. BUT we all know most of the cost of dues increases are due to Insurance which we all get when we have aswap meet, overnighter, or club function!
KR500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #29
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR500 View Post
You could skip the dues of both clubs. No nothing of the membership meets or Nationals being held and purchase the Technically speaking manuals and others. When the MARC and MAFCA memberships drop, they may realize a way to reduce costs. BUT we all know most of the cost of dues increases are due to Insurance which we all get when we have a swap meet, overnighter, or club function!
I belong to a local MARC region. I do that because I like being around like minded people and I like the additional insurance the national club gives me to/from and at events.

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 07-02-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 01:47 AM   #30
P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR500 View Post
.... Insurance which we all get when we have aswap meet, overnighter, or club function!
Good point, KR.

Just curious... Hey, group, WHAT insurance does MAFCA or MARC provide? Has anyone actually USED their 'insurance'? I mean, we all have to have insurance on our cars, and we all (should) have liability insurance to cover if we step on someone's foot while walking by. So, what does having MARC of MAFCA insure us do for us?

With the growing popularity and usefulness of online communities, I am seeing less and less of a need for national clubs.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:42 AM   #31
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
Good point, KR.

Just curious... Hey, group, WHAT insurance does MAFCA or MARC provide? Has anyone actually USED their 'insurance'? I mean, we all have to have insurance on our cars, and we all (should) have liability insurance to cover if we step on someone's foot while walking by. So, what does having MARC of MAFCA insure us do for us?

With the growing popularity and usefulness of online communities, I am seeing less and less of a need for national clubs.
Your point does seem valid however it does also seem like maybe one third, to one half of the questions in these 'online communities' have their answer originate from something the National clubs produced or supplied.

As far as the insurance goes, I actually host an annual club event each year for the Model-T community, and almost everywhere I go, I must provide an insurance certificate to someone or some entity. A great example is trailer parking where the owner of the property wants some sort of certificate of insurance. It seems dumb however you gotta have it. To a club member or chapter, it is free.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #32
barkleydave

A few years we hosted a MARC event with car games. MARC would not insure the event. If the games involved anyone in the vehicle, or vehicle was moving. Cost us over $350 bucks for independent insurance coverage for the games which lasted less than an hour!

That policy will end most local regions car games at events.

On the main thread.

All classic car clubs are loosing members faster than gaining! We enjoy our Region Club and feel it is important to support the National. Without it no Region Club ..we all know what will happen to many. With out requiring National Memberships the Nationals will die and many of the vendors will loose an important venue to advertise their products and services.

As we loose membership costs continue to climb for Club publications, etc etc etc.

Complaining about it will NOT change the reality. Pony up to the bar and smile or just fade away. Not many other options. For me I am not fading away !

Last edited by barkleydave; 07-03-2017 at 08:37 AM.
barkleydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #33
2manycars

I am in the fading away crowd. I quit both national clubs due to limited retirement income, and increasing costs. That meant I also had to quit the local club, which my father and I joined in 1960, because they require national membership.
A sad but real situation for some of us.
I blame the ambulance chasing lawyers who have encouraged sueing for the slightest problem.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:57 AM   #34
Jeff/Illinois

One option that the Shelby American Auto Club or SAAC offers is 'affiliate memberships' at half-cost. $25/year vs. $50/year.

Club membership without the magazine. Oh, plus includes scenic beauty and wildlife fun
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote