Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-22-2015, 02:59 AM   #21
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Back surgery update

Hi Mr. mcorrell,

May be encouraging to hear that I spoke to my son's father-in-law this past Saturday whom I saw six months ago was so crippled with sciatica that he could not walk, kept falling down, and was in constant excruciating pain with pinched nerves in the back.

He said earlier shots in his spine immediately made his back worse ...... he changed doctors ...... but had to wait in line in pain for several weeks.

He reported his operation was a total success and I saw where he walks with no pain after disc repair or removal ...... I never asked exact details.

I asked him what would he advise for others who needed back surgery.

He gave the same advice as that of all of the above compassionate well-wishers ....... follow exact "Doctor's Orders" to the letter ........ these doctors work on several backs every day and they have learned that not all back conditions are the same ..... and each recovery can be different.

Thanks for sharing such an important delicate experience.
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #22
mcorrell

Default Re: Back surgery update

Thanks. My issues responded temporarily for two decades to chiropractic care. The last two years they did not and I began feeling crippled. I got to where I couldn't enjoy life and began researching doctors and methods. New surgical procedures are much better than those of even just 5 years ago. That being said I believe there is room for both chiropractic and surgical techniques depending on each patients needs and expectations. I do wish I would have had the surgeries sooner.

1964 Buick Wildcat convertible
mcorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)