Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-04-2016, 02:17 PM   #1
tubman

Default What happened to my thread

Earlier today a started a thread about trying to pair up bellhousings and starter plates. I also had pictures of a starter plate I needed identified. Now it's gone. Can anyone explain why? Perhaps it should have been in the "Swap Meet" section, but since I was buying or selling depending on what others wanted, and I had a specific item I wanted ID'd, I put in the general discussion area. If that's the problem, OK, but I don't see it.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #2
grovesmr

Default Re: What happened to my thread

Didn't see the thread, if you want an ID put that in the thread. Leave out the buying and selling stuff in this area, take that to the swap meet once you figure it out. Google search for Vanpelt should get you to a site that can give lots of info on early Ford transmissions.

Moderators can easily get annoyed with people breaking rules for a misplaced thread when a simple search might have given you the info you needed to place a thread in the wanted section. They have a job to do so if the thread looked more like a classifieds ad I don't blame them.

Last edited by grovesmr; 05-04-2016 at 02:47 PM.
grovesmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #3
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Yep, looks like it is gone.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:11 PM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

Tubman, put it up again, but leave out any wording about buyiny and selling. Once you have your info/parts ID'd, put for sale / wanted ads in the classifieds. You probably know about the tech article on the Techno Site with all the info you would ever want to know on all the flathead bell housings and their appreciate starter plates, including pictures of eveything. If you didn't know about this, we can post the link here for you.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
tubman

I have referenced the article on the "Techno-Site". It is a PDF, and an old one at that, and try as I might, I can' get the info out of it I want. The starter plate I have is pictured in figure "5" (the "squarish" one), but I can't get the information out of the PDF as to what it is from. I think I was able to see it in the past, but not with this new computer.

As to the thread. I was only trying to unite missing bellhousings and starter plates. I don't need any , but I thought somebody would appreciate them being together sometimes down the road. Since I don't care if I buy or sell, putting them in a particular ("For Sale" or "Wanted)" section wouldn't reflect what I was actually trying to do. What I was trying to do is to help my fellow enthusiasts out. Isn't that what this site is all about? In my opinion, someone "jumped the gun" on this. Plus, I had that particular item I needed to have identified.

Last edited by tubman; 05-04-2016 at 06:43 PM.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #6
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Repost.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote