Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2024, 10:49 AM   #16
Bored&Stroked

Default Re: New Eddie Myers’s heads question

Hmmmm . . . I would next accurately measure the crankshaft stroke.

Something seems weird in that you're running a very "normal" setup --> with a 4.00" Merc crank. I would also measure exactly how high the top of the dome of the piston is above the deck. The heads look about "normal" in the dome areas. Would also like to know the depth of the dome/pocket in the center of the head.

Measure a piston on both sides of the block. Once we know the stroke and the height of the piston dome, then we can figure out what to do next. If the piston locations (to the deck) are consistent on both sides, then maybe the pistons are for a 4 1/8" stroke compression height. This would result in the piston being .0625 further down than it should be. If the piston was .0625 higher, then things would be a lot closer to how they should be (squish). The piston definitely should not be "down in the hole" as it is.

Also, while the engine will run - I would surely want the piston/squish situation to be "fixed" if it was mine. It will be a "dog" as it is currently configured.

Companies make mistakes - maybe the pistons were manufactured or boxed incorrectly?
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote