Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
tmiller6

Default 1929 Roadster questions

First I would like to say I own a current copy of the Judging Guide as well as The Ed Francis/ Les Henry/ George DeAngelis book. I can’t find all the answers. This is my son’s car and he asked me to tear into it in my spare retiree time. I ended up stripping the chassis and removing the body. I advised hime to replace the subrails due to the sins of a seventies restoration and mouse damage. The numbers place this as a probable Jan-Feb 1929 build. There is a January date on the tank but it is on the right side with no data plate or a RH radiator rod mount. The holes for the mount aren’t there either.

My questions
1) Should this car have a curtain pan? The JS says to check the rivets but I don’t see a requirement to have a curtain pan.

2) Should this car have wind wings ? The stanchions that are on the car have no mounting provisions for wind wings.. Since the lower plates in the posts are stripped, they may not be the original stanchions as someone was in there,

3).The current front cushion has a wooden frame under the cushion and the replacement upholstery is nailed to it. I am assuming this is wrong and the seat spring should fit on the riser without any wood except the cross board on the metal riser. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for any assistance.
tmiller6 is offline   Reply With Quote