Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #1
JimG

Cool 34 Ford Passenger side door lock

I own a 34 Ford Fordor but don't have a key to the passenger side door which is the only one that locks. The ignition lock key does not fit the door lock. I would like to get the lock operational. I talked to several locksmiths but none seem to be able to make a key to fit the lock, or they may be able to do so if I take the lock out of the car and give it to them. I can get a replacement lock with 2 keys from Mac's auto parts for about $25. Does anyone know how to remove the lock? I have included some photos. There is an opening in the door edge just at the lock with a screw in it. Is this a setscrew to hold the lock in? It looks like it might be. If I loosen the screw, can I just pull the lock right out, without messing something up? Can you pull the lock out and put it back in just from the outside of the door without removing the inside of the door using this screw? I really don't want to take the inside panel of the door out if I don't have to. I want to make sure that if I start messing around with pulling the lock out that something won't fall apart inside the latch where I would have to get inside the door to fix it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20160829_18_41_17_Rich - red.jpg (19.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20160829_18_42_29_Rich - red.jpg (27.1 KB, 61 views)
JimG is online now   Reply With Quote