Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #1
Hitchhiker

Default restoring a old roadster back to stock. Seattle

So I bought a old roadster body and would like to return it to stock. It has been a hot rod at one point, but I prefer stock or lightly modified cars, I believe you guys call them touring cars. I have a 95% stock banger powered model A widebed pickup I daily drive here in Seattle and I just love it. Anyways, I am here as I know you guys are more experts in the department I am about to undertake. I know a lot of you will wonder why I am doing this, I am young and have more time than money and I want to see this old body put back to her original graceful self. It will never be a fine point restored car. but I think with a little elbow grease I can save this thing and put her back on a stock frame. What I am hoping is that you guys can look past what it currently is and help me bring her back. I am going to need measurements I am sure, and lots of advice.

I'd like to learn to rivet like Ford and use that where appropriate. I am planning on ordering a stock brookville subframe and building it from there. the passenger side is in decent shape, It had been sitting on its side for about 40 years and the drivers side had a mice nest in it and it did considerable damage.

I would like to locate a quarter panel for the drivers side that I can splice with this one and have a good one. If I can't find one I will again try a brookville unit and I also need a good firewall.

I have already cut the welded shut doors loose and removed all the bondo over the trunk in preparation of cutting the trunk lid loose where it was welded shut.

So I guess my questions are has anyone used the brookville stock floor pans? how are they?

are there patches for my bad quarter panel available so I dont have to buy a 800 dollar quarter panel?

also thoughts on the door? should I look for a used one in better shape?

I hope this doesn't upset you guys as its not my intent. I truly want to bring this thing back from the dead and I think you guys will be happy to see her saved from this pile to the lady she once was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160215_141812.jpg (66.7 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg 20160216_101035.jpg (60.9 KB, 244 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160216_154934.jpg (47.7 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160216_171443.jpg (44.9 KB, 220 views)

Last edited by Hitchhiker; 02-18-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote