Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
thirt4

Default DMV / MVD issues

I know none of you have ever had this sort of a problem at your local DMV / MVD office... have you?? HA
I got the title to my coupe switched over to AZ from my home state and the little know it all dolly at the desk knew "exactly what you need".
So she typed up the paperwork, took my cash and out the door I went fat, dumb and happy.
It was not until today that I read the title. Some how, the ditz listed my 3 window coupe as a "2DSB". That would be a Two Door, "Slant Back".
To my knowledge, and I have precious little knowledge to begin with, the term "Slant Back" was not used by Henry Ford. The term became popular when the younger set had no clue what they were looking at, as example, the 1961 Chevrolet "Bubble Top". The bubble tops were either concept cars from the factories or custom features by guys like George Barris.
Am I wrong when I plan to go back and argue my case?
Also, weren't ALL 3 and 5 window Ford coupes in the 1930's 2 door cars?

When I went online this evening to see what I could find, this is what I came up with about the 1934 Ford:

The 1934 Ford Model B was manufactured between 1932 and 1934. The 1934 edition featured a high-performance engine, stylish looks and many of the options. The car was available in a variety of body styles including the three-window Coupe, the five-window Coupe, the Cabriolet, the Fordor, the Phaeton, the Station Wagon and the Victoria. But it was the Tudor body style that impressed people the most -- it even prompted Bonnie and Clyde to write a thank-you letter to Henry Ford for making such a 
“dandy car.”

Are the 1934 Ford 3 window coupes, tudor sedans, etc. in the "Model B" family? I thought I was told once many years ago (in the '50's) that the Model B was a car that was right after the Model A's, and possibly only the 4 cylinder 1932 sedan models.

Anyone with knowledge on these questions that might keep me out of trouble with the folks at the DMV / MVD when I march in there?

Thank you.

thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote