View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #10
Kube

Default Re: Hot cutout on 36 ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Well duh! Maybe you need to question your thinking here. Didn't you know....I was just reading somewhere that you must drive a 6v vehicle for ten miles at highway speed to sufficiently replenish ALL the sparks in your battery that you use-up during each "start". DD
Yeah, I'm thinking that thread about driving ten miles to replenish your battery was the one on the Early Ford Club site. Am I correct?
I found it difficult to believe there are some folks that truly think they need to drive their Ford a minimum of ten miles at HIGHWAY speeds to replenish the battery just from the drain of starting.
I mean YIKES! Just how long does it take these guys to get their cars to start? Maybe that's the issue? Their cars are not set up properly?
Of course there are those that believe nearly everything under the hood is 150°+. Probably the same guys that have to crank their engines over (too) long to get them to start.
I say if under the hood is 150°+ all over the place, yeah, they probably have vapor lock.
I also say they need to repair their vehicles properly so they start rapidly and run cooler.
I suppose these days it's easier to blame ethanol fuels, poorly constructed batteries, etc. rather than actually go to the trouble and expense to fix their vehicles properly. These old Flatheads are not all that difficult to figure out...