Thread: 31 AA rescue
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2024, 09:13 PM   #8
Gary WA

Default Re: 31 AA rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorsworth View Post
Thanks, guys- Joe, lots of good info... I didn't observe any cracks on the transmission while I was under it but I'll look closer next time I'm with the truck. It has been outside for quite a long time and has been exposed to several fairly hard Texas freezes. That is my main concern with the engine too, because it has been sitting out with the rad cap off although seems to have been drained and the oil looks good.

I did notice a shaft between the rear of the transmission and the torque tube so no overdrive unit or anything there, but the shift lever has some kind of extra lever/switch on it that I'm not familiar with. Do you know what that might be? (Edit: Looks like a reverse lockout?)

I noticed it has some extra cab mounts on the back. They don't match but do bolt to what appears to be a factory bracket on the frame. I can't remember ever noticing those on the few AAs I've been around.

Do you recognize any remaining hardware on the frame that might be a clue as to what it was originally used for?

Also, although it is missing in all of my pictures I do have the windshield. The header is basically gone so we removed it from the truck to keep it from flapping.
Correct for reverse!.