View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 02:09 PM   #27
scooder

Default Re: How you'd fair crashing your classic car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedwards View Post
Your right, but, should it happen we will at least stay in the car and not go on an excursion outside through a window. That car has heavy metal and a full frame, but no crumple zones and I would not want to have a wreck in it. I am not comfortable driving very fast with the manual brakes, steering, and old rims although I have been through all of it and it is in good shape.
What's wrong with manual steering and brakes? And your wheels, yes wheels, if you've had the tyres off you'll know if there ok, wouldn't you?
I don't own anything with power steering or brakes, I do know the condition of my wheels. It concerns me not. Oddly my opinion is almost directly opposite. I don't like the lack of feel with power steering or brakes, mine tell me all the info I need. I know exactly what my cars limits are, cus I can feel it. I'm sure all this power assisted stuff lulls drivers into a false sense of security, only giving the info when it's too late.
I do drive defensively, I learnt from the start to think that every other driver on the road is trying to kill me, seems to work. That and not driving on the other guys back bumper.
Martin.
Atleast they used an off brand car in that film.
scooder is offline   Reply With Quote