View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #23
nospartsman
BANNED

Default Re: How you'd fair crashing your classic car.

I was hit May 14 2015, 1/8 mile from home. The road was on top of freeway overpass, the miscreant was exiting the freeway, he cleared one lane of traffic but forgot there were two lanes. He hit me with a BMW under acceleration (he said he was late for church). His insurance is Gieco. It looks like a fender bender until you look closer. The left frame horn is rolled to the right, radiator lost all fluid, grille broke, grille guard bent, wheel bent, original bumper bent, NOS bumper irons bent and broke, the worst is the cowl panel between door and fender where the left fender attaches is buckled, also when the car is viewed from the rear the left side of the car is higher, not level, the frame is wracked. This is a survivor 40 with very nice original upholstery, original paint on the body (the fenders had been repainted). I was only doing about 25 mph but did get my arm wacked by the steering wheel. We'll see how Gieco is to deal with, has anyone had any experience with them. I had an unmolested 40, I don't now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0050.jpg (49.5 KB, 73 views)
nospartsman is offline   Reply With Quote