View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #30
rrich1

Default Re: Newly acquired '31 AA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBnut View Post
Wow, what a great looking truck. Congrats. You will get her running and smoothed out in no time.

The one piece of advice I give all new Model A owners.... Avoid the temptation to upgrade things to new/modern parts: alternators, modern points, hydraulic brakes. I'm not saying there is not a place for these things, but learn how to make the original parts work correctly first. It will give you a better appreciation for the truck as it was.

Good luck.

Ken
thanks. i dont plan to do any modern modifications to it unless i have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Vitucci View Post
Good Evening...I would suggest that you join a local Model A Club and see if their engine guy can take a look at your truck. Since it only ran a short distance, you might take the cap off the fuel tank...and see if she runs. Those caps are suppose to be vented and when sitting they clog up...then the old girls will not run! Sometimes if the fuel tank is dirty it is helpful to use a little one gallon tank of clean fresh gas to help get her running and not clog up the carburetor. You might well have to flush the engine and the radiator and the gas tank a few times to get them to run clean...Great Truck...Ernie in Arizona
I contacted the local club to me and will hear back from them on monday. I loosened the cap yesterday and unfortunately it didnt solve my problem. we put pure gas in it but there was some newer reg gas that the previous owner put in as well. is there a recommended way to flush the tank? I plan to drop the oil pan this week.
rrich1 is offline   Reply With Quote