View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #21
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

Default Re: The Flathead oil modification thread...

"...manual "MN-F1" from WWII Dated June 1943"
Thanks! I may already own that, and will start hunting if I don't. I was surprised a few years ago to discover that there was a vast range of Canadian civilian and military literature, totally unrelated to Ford USA equivalents, that not only provided very complete repair info but information on oddities like the full flow filters and full flow coolers used during WWII. I've been collecting the stuff like crazy, finding interesting material from the several worlds of Bren carriers and heavy trucks, as well as the WO passenger vehicles that eventually became the Pilot...
In some cases, there are Australian publications apparently unrelated to the Canadian ones, and of course the British were building their own variants of everything...
I think the appearance of a boss for the full flow drilling that appeared on USA WWII 239's and was kept on after the war was likely added because many USA Merc engines flowed directly into Imperial supply lines.
The Canadian PCV system is also of interest...I've managed to collect most of the bits. Flatheads at war...blasted stuff is getting expensive. Someone else must be hunting the stuff too.
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote