Thread: Art vs. History
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #45
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Art vs. History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Tinker, in theory I agree with you but, in practice, even mediocre attempts are still art. What really defines fine art, and sets it apart from run of the mill art? Art, like everything else, comes in varying degrees. There's a joke in my industry that goes like this; Why do they call television a medium...? Because it isn't rare or well done..., however, it is still considered and art form.To that end, I'm more of an impressionist fan, but prefer the works of post Impressionist like Van Gogh over Monet, Renoir, Cezanne, Degas, etc. Where automotive art is concerned, I'm a big fan of E.T. Gregory, Harley Earl, Raymond Loewy, George Barris, Ayala, Bill Hines and the Alexander Brothers to name a few. They all took different approaches to an art form in varying degrees, from Fine art to... It's all good, even if its bad...

Well said. There is a difference between art and art that a person doesn't like.

Important to understand that just because you don't like a piece of work, doesn't mean it's not art.

When any art is banned or censored, the fall of a free society is not far behind it. Don't believe it? Study history.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote