Thread: 24 Hours
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
dean from bozeman

Default Re: 24 Hours

Mark, I have several reasons.

1. I am bringing a pickup truckload of parts to Hershey. Afterwards I may need to drive straight through to Bozeman. The pickup truck has under 10,000 miles and it needs to last up tp 160,000 miles or so. Just wondered if it was adviseable, in regards to possible metal fatigue for the truck.

2. When I was a member of the MAFCA club in Milwaukee in the late 60's I thought that a group of guys drove their Model A's to Dallas non stop. It got me to thinking about driving long distances in an "A". I'll be 62 before the end of the year and am thinking about what I might like to do as future challenges.

3. My first two years in college I studied engineering. I made the honor roll in partying but ended up teaching science at various levels. Though I taught Chemistry and Physics for a while it was more on the theoretical side and not as much on the practical side. The Fordbarn is a great mix of experience, expertise and a source of Model A stories. As you can see we are getting answers in all three areas. My question is broad based but I hope to get some answers on metal fatigue. It interests me.

Mark, those are a couple reasons that I asked the questions.

Thanks.

Dean
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote