Thread: water in oil
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Mike/Nebraska

Default water in oil

I have a rebuilt Model A motor, done by a reputable local builder that I'm having some problems with getting water in the oil. The first time I had a couple of studs loosen upand the water ran over the head gasket and into one of the cylinders. This time I couldn't see where it had been getting in but it was just in the pan, not in the cylinders. I had the block and head surfaces checked and they were alright so I put a new head gasket in it ( one for a "B" or Hi-Comp head) and torqued it down. I ran it for twenty minutes or so and then let it sit overnight. The next day I retorqued it again and I let it run for a obut 20-30 minutes. While it was running I noticed a drop of milky liquid drip fro the filler/breather tube. I looked in the tube and it was very milky. I pulled the dipstick but the oil looked good. I never cleaned out teh oil filler tube when I cleaned up the valve chamber and I'm sure there was still some of the old oil left in the block or pan someplace as I didn't try to flush it. Will I get some of this for the first oil change or two after something like this happens? I had straight water in it, no antifreeze.
Mike/Nebraska is offline   Reply With Quote