View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #13
celderton

Default Re: 1936 ford coupe floor pan help

I am rebuilding the rear body (and more) of a 35 cabriolet. Years ago it was cut from the rumble opening straight down each side to the floor pan to make a homemade pickup. The cut exposes remains of some structure below the body skin; some reinforcement directly below the rumble cover, and a shaped horizontal rib. The structure for the spare tire mount was also cut off just above the upper mounting holes. The inner and outer tail pans were also badly rusted. I am looking for some information on what this rear body structure looked like. I have the inner and outer EMS pans, with the inner pan fitted to the car, and the spare tire mount also fitted. I will need to fabricate the section between the outer EMS pan and the rumble lid, the lower half of the badly rusted lid, and the reinforcement structure. Does the top of the spare tire bracket tie to the horizontal rib below the rumble lid? Was any of this structure shaped to the body skin, or was it straight and separate from the skin? Any advice is greatly appreciated, pictures are even better. Thanks, Chuck
celderton is offline   Reply With Quote