View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
BillM

Default Re: Full-Flow Oil-Filter Kit from "Motor City Flatheads"

I have a home made version of the MCF system and it has always had pressure come up quickly after oil changes, although recently I started it up after the engine had been out of the car for quite a while with the oil drained and it seemed to be slow to show pressure. I dropped the pan and removed the pump to check it out and it would prime itself and pump quickly with the pump in a pan of oil and spinning it by hand, so I put it back in the engine and primed it some by pouring oil into the pressure port. It was fine then but I did have to rev it up after it fired to bring up the pressure. I couldn't get it to show any pressure by cranking it, even with the plugs out and on 12 volts. I had tried cranking it before that with the filter removed to rule out an air lock with out success. Its odd that spinning the pump by hand will work so well but it must take more RPM's to make it work in the engine. The pressure sender is at the end of all the added plumbing so I assume there is a flow of oil getting getting to where its needed before the gauge responds.