View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Default Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA....

....is hopping. The weather is warm and sunny. There are more '39 and '40 Fords here than I have ever seen assembled in one place. Nice old Fords everywhere you look. The courthouse area is packed with people and old cars. Good swap meet. Got a great deal on a nice Stromberg 97 carb, a NOS '36-'35 starter switch, NOS universal joint, several late '36 flattop coils, etc. Food stands everywhere with great southern food. Also, the Ford Galaxie Club is here with more of these cars from late 50's to early 60's than I have ever seen. Met up with Vic Piano and his group from FL. Saw KiwiTony and his nice RHD '36 fordor from NZ. Saw 40cpe's car but didn't see him. Had a great time. Will plan to come back again.
I have taken lots of pictures but will not be able to post them until I get back home.

Nearly 200 of my pictures, taken at the Moonshine Festival and during our tour near Helen, GA, were added to this thread on 11/3/11 beginning on page 2, post #31.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 11-03-2011 at 06:30 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote