View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
flatheadfan

Default Re: 1935 Ford Oil Pan Removal

Randy-

Removing the oil pan from a '35 is (at best), a nightmare. I have done it several times and there are no shortcuts.

To answer your question you really need to jack-up the engine enough to slide a 2" x 4" piece of wood between the the engine mounts and the rubber mounts. Obviously, you must have all four hoses off, the fuel pump off and the exhaust disconnected. You will also need to disconnect the front wishbone. To do this you remove the front U-bolts and tilt the rear of the wishbone down to fit an 8" block of wood between the fame and the wishbone end. To be honest you really should pull the entire wishbone assembly out or at the minimum remove the wheels and drop the entire wish bone down to the floor. If you have mechanical brakes you will need to disconnect the brake rods.

Needless-to-say, many other items are going to need attention before the pan can be wiggled off. Undoubtedly others will probably add to what I have listed. Unfortunately, I have been forced to do this too many times and it still is an eight hour job.

Good luck!

Tom
flatheadfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)