View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Hardtail75

Default Seeking advice for my 1928 Sport Coupe

Good evening everyone. I would like to introduce myself, my name is Jon and I just acquired a 1928 Sport Coupe. I am just learning to restore vehicles and this is my newest project.

Here is a picture of my car.

Everything is in pretty good shape considering the age of it. I have put together a list of parts that I would like to purchase this following week. My plans with this car is to restore it original. It does not have a motor or transmission but I have a running donor motor and transmission.

My question to you guys is this, are there any online merchants in particular that you would recommend? I have read the sticky and checked out a few of them, Snyders, Macs and Howell's in particular.

At this point I am interested in acquiring these parts:

Front leaf spring and U-bolt
Door hinges, pins and latches
Window winders
Front/rear fender, running board, gas tank, shroud and rear window pan bolts
Trunk handle with latch
Sub rails
Seat bracket
Floor pan

I am from Canada if that makes any difference in your advice. I wanted to ask you guys first before I make any considerable purchases. Are some companies known for this or that? To me it looks like Snyders you have to purchase the subrails individually, but I am not too sure.

Thanks to anyone who can chime in on this thread. Glad to be a part of this community. I will keep you all updated as this car gets some life in her.

Last edited by Hardtail75; 07-27-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Typos
Hardtail75 is offline   Reply With Quote