View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #60
Mark's 37

Default Re: Let's see your 1937 Ford

Thanks, Mike. The 37 is a completely stock survivor with original paint and interior. Still has mechanical brakes and the engine hasn't been apart. Best guess is it has about 70k miles. New Coker period correct tires, distributor was done by Bubba's, a rebuilt generator, new brakes, fluids, hoses and belts, etc. It is tempting to consider a drop front axle, some cool wheels and tires, hydraulic brakes but I am going to leave it as it is for the time being.

Update 12/17/15: I thought I should edit this description now that I have had the car for several months. The paint is about 70% original as the rear fenders, decklid, a portion of the hood have been redone albeit a long time ago. The engine had a main bearing-like clunk so when I pulled the motor to replace the clutch I took off the pan and heads. Found one piston had been replaced, not the rod, and the cylinder is sleeved. All the rods and main caps still had safety wires and the crank/rod journals are standard as well as the pistons. Currently rebuilding.

Last edited by Mark's 37; 12-17-2015 at 10:23 PM.
Mark's 37 is offline   Reply With Quote