View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 10:18 PM   #33
busmania

Default Re: Door weatherstripping 40 coupe

Please don’t hate me for what I’m about to say. Haha. First I taped up the stock style seals. while they were fine, my doors were still rattling a little bit when closed and I didn’t feel they were tight enough. Yes I adjusted the door catch and to get the doors not rattly, I had to adjust them in so much that the door didn’t close flush.

Next I taped the drake one piece seal in. I’ve installed a lot of rubber in various cars throughout the years. Let me just say I was impressed! They fit very nice and the doors close o so perfectly when installed. So, I installed the one piece seals. I went easy on the glue in case I change my mind later. Right now the doors are closed with tape holding it in while it dries but I’ll get photos tomorrow. The size was perfect, the rubber is oh so soft and squishy I wish I could sleep on it. The doors when closed are very nice and solid now. No hate on the original style but for me these just seemed to work better. I’ll try to keep this updated with my feedback as they “break in” and as I use the car. I drive it to get exhaust tomorrow and am excited to see how many fewer rattles I have. As always, I so very much appreciate y’all’s advice, criticism and help throughout all of my threads.

Last edited by busmania; 04-24-2024 at 11:14 PM.
busmania is offline   Reply With Quote