View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
DirtyDan

Default Re: ~~DirtyDan's 1936 Ford Coupe Project - Build Pictures~~

And since the motor is out, I might as well paint the beat up multi colored firewall

The firewall was my first attempt at painting, and it turned out well, so I turned my attention to that ugly (but patriotic) motor. I also found some pretty decent 16” steel wheels. I debated for weeks on what color to paint the motor and wheels and finally settled on gold.

In this mock up you may notice I swapped out the 8BA Offy heads for some early style Edlebrock Block letter heads. I also picked up a couple of 97s.

With the motor painted up, I moved on to fitting the junkyard S-10 transmission to the flathead. I decided to use the adapter plate made by Dwight Bond, because it seemed to use the most amount of factory ford parts, and would allow me to use 39 pedals for the clutch and brakes. I had a few problems figuring out the clutch and pressure plate, but in the end it all seemed to work out pretty good.

I decided on a Superbell 4" drop axle and had to split the wishbones to make room for the new T-5. I used a modified Pete & Jakes split kit once I removed the stock frame crossmember.
DirtyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)