View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: So, was I in the wrong for trying to educate the 3bay seller?

I tend to agree with others. I often find this forum and another Club-specific forums are very bad to stick their nose into others business in this regard making armchair appraisals or nitpicking someone else's property. I feel that often times people will be brazen enough to say things to people while hiding behind a computer screen that would never be mentioned in public. For example, imagine being at a public car auction and the auctioneer says "Lookie here boys & girls, he we have a 'classic' 1966 Ford Mustang ...." --and someone from the audience interupts the auctioneer and says "Sir, that really isn't a 'classic' because to truly be considered a classic it must meet the criteria of the Classic Car Club of America!" Imagine the response from other folks within earshot!!

Most of us would never consider saying such a thing publicly even though we know the facts. I do believe this is what governmental control has done for society in general in that some feel anyone that is a potential buyer needs to have oversight. Personally I tend to believe anyone that is a serious bidder for this car is NOT making the purchase for authenticity, ...but because they want it to fulfil their own desire. Therefore only they can determine the vehicle's value as it aligns with their desires and uses. IMO we do not have any business trying to interject our own opinions into someone else's business unless they have solicited for our opinion.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote