View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Fender upper surface day one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerhardt View Post
Three reasons:
1.) Flaws in the "pretty" fender's paint were not an issue at 10 feet, but were obvious at 1 foot and indicated something was not right underneath.

2.) I really enjoy this work. You see about a year ago I was imprisoned in Danbury Hospital for a week (not fun at Xmas time!) for a stroke. Luckily I seem to have no long lasting effects from the event. I thought that getting back into the hobby and resurrecting old skills and knowledge would be good for me. At least that is the excuse I gave my wife!

3.) When it comes to my restorations I admit to being afflicted with OCD! Who ever gets this car after me will be getting one that is as perfect as I can get it!

When I was still teaching I used to drive my students crazy by telling them, 'If it takes this much effort (picture me holding my hands about 36" apart) to complete a job, and this much effort (now holding my hands about 38" apart) to do it perfectly, why not to do it perfectly! In my world we replace the phrase "good enough" with "good as I can do it".

Your reasons are very good. Go for it and have fun!
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote