View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 09:37 AM   #36
Jeff/Illinois

Default Re: 1936 Ford pickup restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam/Mill Valley CA View Post
Jeff, it has a nice thick rubber mats protecting the bed floor and sides, but I don't like to baby it-plenty of nicks and scratches. How's your '35?
Adam
Doing well, right now it's too hot in NW Illinois to drive it much, waiting for cooler days

I have the dist. out right now being gone thru, seems like the condensor shorted out and fried the points at least that is what I came down to with my Fluke meter. I was coming home from a neighboring farm town a few weeks ago and it slowly sputtered out and lost power. I had to get flat-bedded home, no big deal and I was only about 4 miles away.

Great little truck they are a blast to drive! The sound of a Flathead Ford is pretty unique.

We had a '37 Ford PU that I used to haul stuff in, and I had put a heavy rubber mat down in it too. One day I was hauling home some bags of Redi-mix. I had the truck loaded a bit too much, a guy drove up beside me and hollered 'Your tire is smoking' The truck's fender was rubbing on the left rear tire! I was more careful after that.

Take care
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote