View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #12
sturgis 39

Default Re: 1940 ford with a swap from the f/h to a s/b ford

I have been dreaming about installing a Dura max diesel with an Allison transmission into an old Ford. It may cost too much so I have an 89 Olds engine and transmission that may work. It is a transverse engine but if I am careful I will not have to Cut the fenders and frame up too much.This will give me front wheel drive and I plan to mount the old Ford front axle in the back and have four wheel steering.

I think I will be able to get big bucks for it on E-bay after the project is complete. There are a lot of Fords that have not been molested .After I sell the one with the Oldsmobile engine I will be able to by another unmolested old Ford and go with the Duramax Project. I may be able to install the four wheel drive. It is going to be a lot of work but I think will really have something when I am done.

I really hate the saying put a Ford in a Ford. This trite saying was started by a Ford Engine re-builder and now the street rodders feel they must put a Ford in a Ford to be cool.

A lot of people have told me not to ruin a good old Ford. They say that I should keep the old flathead and go with a better breathing system and maybe an overdrive unit. They are crazy.

Do not get me started on the stupidity of ethanol. I think one of the monitors is from Iowa and he will delete the thread.
sturgis 39 is offline   Reply With Quote