View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
FordToughChevyStuff

Default Re: 1929 Truck Conversion ~ Updated with Pictures ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Huseby View Post
'Just my opinion here. Monetary value was mentioned and yeah, it probably wouldn't be worth much compared to any original as-built from the factory A's. But if we could leave money out of the conversation for a minute, I think the 4 door sedan, without the dog leg front pillar, makes a really nice looking PU. All the wood in that body would make it difficult to tie the cab together in a good structural unit, but it could be done by replacing the structural wood with steel. Also, getting the top lined up and fitting and probably re-working the belt and reveal mouldings to look matched would be a tremendous chore, as I can tell you from experience. The car/truck doesn't look rusted out or too beat up. Anything can be done with determination and time. Another idea: the truck has a lot of stories to tell in its present condition, which would all be erased by doing a lot of work to it. Do the doors latch and stay safely latched? What do you think of getting it mechanically restored and leaving the sheet metal as-is? It's definitely a conversation piece.
Yep, my idea is to leave it alone cosmetically aside from a few minor things. I really want to focus on making it mechanically reliable and fun to drive. It doesn't look bad converted to a truck either, I even have a little more cab room than a normal truck!
FordToughChevyStuff is offline   Reply With Quote