View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: What would a 1930 Model A Ford Truck be worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezignsbyamanda View Post
Thanks for all the info...I would love to keep it, but I'm not sure if it's possible in my situation. I can get pictures of the engine & undercarriage posted maybe tomorrow, will have to get my husband to push it out the garage. My hopes are to get it running whether we keep it or not. =)
To maximize the money you can get it needs to run. Without it running the potential buyer will assume a complete rebuild is needed ($3000.00)and since they canot drive it they will deduct some for possible tranny problems, rear end and brakes. If it runs, stops and shifts those worries are, for the most part, gone.

I would also take a real look at keeping it. They are simple, reliable, cheep to insure, "easy" to work on and there is so much help, and parts out there that you should keep it a while and then decide. Once that part of your Dad is gone, it is gone for good.