View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
thirt4

Default 1934 Ford frame differences?

Here is a question that I do not know if there is an answer to.

I have been told over the years, that the frames of the 1934 car and 1/2 ton pickup are different from each other. The differences are or have been described to me as being the location of the bolt holes.

I have two frames, one under my coupe and one in storage. I have been told that my frame I have in storage is for a pickup.

I also have been told that Westcott has a frame diagram showing the location of the bolt holes on the 1933-34 frames on their website.
I went to that website and downloaded that diagram which is in amazing detail with exact bolt hole measurements defined.

That Westcott diagram clearly states that it is for the car AND pickup frames, however, it does not indicate any difference in the location of the bolt holes.

I have compared the holes in my frame in storage to the holes of the frame under my coupe and cannot see any placement of the holes that would be different from each other.

Am I missing something?

If they are the same, then I will begin my project with restoring and building my "in storage" frame. IF there is indeed differences that will preclude me from building my "in storage" frame due to it being a pickup frame then I do not want to waste my money or time.

Question - Are there indeed any differences between the car and pickup frames and IF there are, and - Just what are they? -
thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote