View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #13
SeaSlugs

Default Re: Floor Jack Extra Safety Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Digger View Post
A couple years ago I passed by someone's house and there was a pickup scotched in front but was held up behind with two bumper jacks. And to top it off there were two little kids playing all around it. I backed up and told the woman there that she better keep those kids away from that mess and she told me that was her business. What do you do with people like that?
not much you can do - police or DCFS cant be bothered by potentially dangerous situations - only after the fact when bruises and blood are present.

yea Tom W i would not get under that truck with wood like that - its gonna split of the jack suddenly failed - jack pieces are behaving like a log splitter.(you dont see log splitters work across the grain now do you...)

use good METAL ramps (not those stupid plastic ones or the one piece bent metal ones)

ive seen wood cribbing blow apart like a grenade at work while trying to remove a ballscrew on a positioner. The wood was holding for 3 minutes before someone heard cracking noises and everyone started backing away - never good when 8,000 steel arm falls a foot sending broken 4x4 posts around like toothpicks. Were still not sure why it broke but must have had knotty wood we think on top and just a chain reaction couldnt be stopped.

i use wood to support a car - stack on thier sides 4x4 posts 2 at a time criss crosed and get under the frame rails - will be sturdy as all can be - NO single stacks!