View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Tired of mirror glare at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
Here is a quick, cheap, and simple solution to mirror glare at night with our old mirrors that don't have a "night" setting like modern mirrors. Just cut a piece of window tint material as shown. Keep it on your sun visor until night comes then just slip it over your rearview mirror to reduce the brightness of headlights behind you. So much more comfortable. Note: Be sure to use the lightest material you can find as its affect is doubled when the light passes through it to the mirror then back through it again to your eyes. On the mirror the effective dimming is as shown in the picture where the material is doubled in the corners where it goes behind the mirror. Any darker and it will be darker than the "night" settings on modern mirrors.

Old Henry. The mirror shown is a 46-48 mirror and it is a tinted glass so looks like you're trying to improve it??? I have one of those on my 35PU and glare doesn't bother me.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote