View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 04:15 PM   #35
Tonic

Default Re: Clutch adjustment

Can someone really get clear solution

My 24 bolt59 ab 10" f1 tranny

Pedals dont know year... floor grinded a lot that almost whole long part of pedal is in cabin.
Release bearing is short pulled with spring.
In rear position when i press pedal bearing needs to move about 1/2" before touching fingers.
At that point fork already leaning towards engine. Not much movement left before pedal is on the floor... if i look from left side. I think clutch lever is pointing about up, when bearing reach fingers...
If we say it reach fingers at 12o'clock and pedal is on the floor 10,o,clock
Longest in-out travel for release bearing would be between 2 o,clock and 10 o'clock

Previous owner knw issue... bearing was running all the time and started to keep noise.
I did loose adjustment so much, that bearing was loose (rotates with fingers as pedal is up) and i could not put it on gear. Lot of grinding to floor and works bit better, but not perfect. Clutch pedal rubber now 1,5"-2" higher than brake

1 meter snow here at finland, so i would hame time... do i need to machine "long" type bearing holder, what moves bearing almost 1/2" closer to fingers, that when i press pedal, its start to do its work

Last edited by Tonic; 01-23-2024 at 04:22 PM.
Tonic is offline   Reply With Quote