View Single Post
Old 12-31-2023, 12:13 PM   #2
Joe K

Default Re: Battery Box ‘27

Since yours is an "AR" I would attempt to keep it as original as possible.

Ford did "vary" the battery boxes somewhat during the Model A tenure. The Service Bulletins outline several changes including the clamps, the battery "frame", and possibly the attachments to the car frame. I've never seen a battery box EXACTLY as yours so chalk this one up to "developmental" to the AR car.

And reproductions tend to be "close" but not exact. It's like they took a survey of all possibilities and created a battery box to yield the greatest number of consumers. Well, this is in keeping with Ford Modus - as Ford generally made all parts revisions "back-fittable" to previous production.

You can buy the "square plate" separately and attach it to your battery frame - but you'll get the square plate same as they use on the reproduction full monte. I.e. not exactly what you have.

Again, being "AR" you should have a special "mission" to keep the car "as original as possible" - if you choose to accept it.

They only made about 5 million Model As - and estimates are perhaps 10 percent have survived the WWII scrap drives and "rodders." Yours might be 10 percent of that 10 percent. (i.e. less than 50K ARs survive.)

Joe K