View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:37 AM   #8
54vicky

Default Re: 1954 Ford Park Lamps - different?

I just check 8 pair I have not counting the pair on car.the mounting tabs are all the same on both.one pair of the tabs mount to center grille bar the other pair mount the fender(grille extension)that wrap around the leading edge of fender.from pics it looks as if for some reason the left one in #7 appears that the center grille bar uses a different mounting method.at first glance I thought it was modified by someone.but it does not appear that it would have been done by a person without recasting as it has what looks to have 2 mounting(bolt towers)cast that would attach to center grille bar.I wonder if it was a mod to Aussie built grille it would be interesting to find a center grille bar with that method of attaching.can you find a 1954 Aussie ford body parts manual?I have 2 different one 1 is dated 1954 the other dated 1956 and both show the same as the ones I have.actually I have several of each date.I also have some Canadian manuals I will dig out to check athough I think they will show the same as US.if you can find manuals check for printing date.I know they used some sheet metal for several years after our model changes 54 to 55-56 etc.I wonder if they used that style of grille down there and that possibly they made a production change.it would have with change it would have made it easier to bolt together?I just took another look at pics and noticed the ford-windsor markings on boxes.this will be interesting if any info uncovered

Last edited by 54vicky; 03-30-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: addition
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote