View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 04:44 PM   #14
scuppernonewine

Default Re: 1934 Ford Roadster barn find!

A little recap for you folks looking for an original 34 roadster. This roadster has NEVER been restored, NEVER been hot rodded...Ford roadster restorers are emailing me about what kind of original bolt the top frame has, the number of bracing on the back support, etc. It is THAT original. Okay all you naysayers, look close at all the new uploaded pics in the flickr album. I've uploaded about 100 new pictures. If this car was fully exposed out in the weather then would the genuine Henry Ford cardboard backing on the rumble seat or the fiberboard in the footwell/back of the firewall have stood the test of time?? Yep, it's rough but there is plenty of SOLID Henry Ford steel (aka unobtanium!) to work with. Okay, here's the particulars...

COWL: solid cowl, working vent, the metal is not thin at all, Roadster windshield frame and stanchions in good condition. All Henry parts including the windshield wiper motor, etc Look at the lip in the new pic...impossible to find Henry Ford roadster cowl. Look at the new pics of the inner cowl-original black Henry Ford fiberboard on the inner cowl behind the firewall. Look at the solid metal in the pic.. It will need a patch at the very bottom on both sides and part of the bracing (feet)
DASH:solid Henry metal roadster dash, working glovebox and ashtray, all instruments, steering wheel
Doors:real Henry Roadster doors...pretty solid-need some work on the bottom. All latches, locks, one door handle set, are solid.
Quarters:real Henry Roadster quarters-very workable. Need patch panels are the very bottom and on the edge right by the rumble lid

Top frame is solid, inner rumble lid workable, bumpers very good, cowl lights, xtra seat of hoods equal 1 good set, original rear rumble seat frame and carboard backing, original wheels, original grill (workable) drivetrain/rear all complete. Lots of other misc Henry Ford bits and brackets, etc. The frame has a good bit of rust-I would replace but I've seen photos/threads of similar or worse repaired.

I have yet to see another unrestored untouched 34 Roadster for sale...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN9322.jpg (92.0 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9325.jpg (69.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9328.jpg (87.4 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9342.jpg (108.6 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9409.jpg (76.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9403.jpg (97.0 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN9431.jpg (52.2 KB, 109 views)
scuppernonewine is offline   Reply With Quote