View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 07:19 PM   #18
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Looking for a Particular T5 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38bill View Post
Tom, I made mine the same length (from the back of the carrier to the front of the bearing) as the stock Ford combo. It works but only just. I am using '39 pedals in my '38 and the clutch pedal arm bottoms out on the frame before the pedal is flat to the floor. Looks like your new clutch pedal set up is adjustable so that should be helpful. This wasn't a problem with my stock pressure plate but I had to adjust the throw-out bearing closer to the diaphragm PP than I would normally like. It has gotten better as the new clutch has a few miles of wear on it. Love the new clutch, it is very smooth.

PS:Some winter I may notch out the frame for the extra pedal arm clearance as it gives me an good excuse to get a plasma cutter.

[IMG][/IMG]
OK Bill - I've been studying this picture and some things just do not make sense to me. First, the stock t-out bearing would reside all the way back in the housing so how is your setup have your t-out bearing in the same location (understand that my experience with the stock setup is the 39-40 setup)? Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how you do not have enough throw with the 39 pedal setup with the t-out bearing so far forward? Is your adjustable rod adjustable enough?

Maybe a pic of your setup underneath?

Thanks - just trying to set the stage for what I need to do .....

Thanks for your help!
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote