View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 10:05 PM   #27
Old Henry

Default Re: Wax & polish that leaves no residue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
I've just bought the new top rated (by Consumer Reports) Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and will try it tonight and report.
The new Meguiar's went on and off real easy and didn't leave any white in the cracks. It doesn't seem quite as shiny as the Black Magic did but was a lot easier to work with. Of course, it's rated very low for durability. We'll have to see how that goes. Black Magic easily lasted a year or more and was as shiny after a year as when it went on and I mean wet look shiny.
Before using Black Magic for the last few years I used Nu Finish for years. It was really easy to put on and off and lasted a year but it left white in the cracks that had to be removed with toothpick or toothbrush. It is rated to last longest of all, even longer than the new Meguiar's I just tried, but I don't like having to scrape and scrub the white out of the cracks.

Last edited by Old Henry; 01-13-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote