View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
FL&WVMIKE

Default Re: Flathead parts available from Ford

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Walts37 is selling a 'Green Bible' on the swap meet side. It got me to thinking about my days as a Ford Parts Manager at the local dealership back in the mid-70's. You could order the Green Bible on the regular weekly Ford parts order still. That's how I got mine. One farmer came in one day and we were able to order him a gasket kit and a set of intake and exhaust valves for his '49 Ford pickup that he was overhauling. I had the '29 Tudor then and was able to get front wheel bearings, races, rear wheel seals, spark plugs, and a Zenith carb rebuild kit!

Ah, the good old days. Neat that 40 plus years later Ford still supplied at least high wear parts for Model A's and Flatheads! Wonder if they still have some of these parts today? If you were armed with Walt's book you could take part numbers in and at least have them cross-referenced.

I won't go into the Shelby parts, Boss engine parts, and the like,,,you could still get all of the parts for them I did for my brother-in-law!!
Jeff/Illinois .........................
Back in the 70s, a buddy of mine and I were buying and selling Ford parts. One of the items we sold, was the Green Book. We bought them from Ford for $8.00 and sold them for $25.00. I still have a couple.
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote