Thread: Swap Meet Pages
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #17
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Swap Meet Pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgarage View Post
I have looked at the classifieds on this forum maybe 4 or 5 times total. I hate the format. I hate having to keep clicking to drill deeper, which is what this site is all about.
I still like the old Fordbarn forum, and the old classifieds better overall.

In fact, I have been thinking about creating a new free Model A and Early V8 cars and parts swap site similar to the old list, using one of the domain names I already own. Classifieds only, no forum.

Any interest in this?, or is this classifieds here meeting everyone's needs? I am not really wanting to compete, but I have tons of stuff myself to list and sell somewhere, and eBay has become a hassle, and the format of these classifieds I don't like much, so....

Maybe fordgaragesale.com or fordswapmeet.com or vintagefordgarage.com or fortyhorse.com? You can vote by PM if you want. I am curious whether there is any interest in proceeding with a simple linear list like we used to have on Ford Barn and DMAFC, and which name to use.
Vince, I can only speak for me but I kinda have a ritual since time is limited for me. I realize that some folks must have a "boatload" of time because they frequent (and post on) every forum coming & going. I don't have the extra time so I an only surf when I am on the telephone holding or during breaks. Having multiple sites to look at would just cut down on my time unless that site were a top priority with lots of good stuff.

I honestly do not know what the deal is with the Wanted section though. Reading posts above, people commented on successfully selling stuff, --which really isn't what the initial comment was asking. I used to post Wanted ads all the time and could always get multiple responses back of stuff people offered for sale. Now when I post something, I rarely even get one response back. My initial feeling is that it is a "numbers thing" where fewer Fordbarn folks go to the Wanted side. I know that before I used to scan down through the old classifieds looking only to purchase items that I knew I needed but would see someone asking for something which would trigger my brain into remembering I had one that I could sell so I would respond. Again, time does not always allow me to scroll through the For Sale AND the Wanted section. Oh well, I suppose it will stay as-is for the time being.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote