View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
54mainlinetim

Default Re: Y Block Rocker Shaft Overflow Tube

Like many engines designed in the past there has been many improvements and why we are driving way superior engines in vehicles produced today,not only engine's but ,brakes, steering, just vehicles in general....My y-block is just plain ol' stock 272 that is just driven around town so it does the job the designers made it for,but i belive from the 50's design im sure they didnt hit the nail on the head with every aspect of the engine(for instance using the upgraded 57 and up distributor)..... i wouldnt mind having my rockers modifed but i dont feel qualified to do the job myself..........with any type of customization to vehicles, if it be to engines for upgrades or to making body sheet metal changes to make it look better in your opinion,,, there will always gonna be some that agree or disagree,nay-sayers....."IMO" I feel that tim mcmaster has proven time and time again with all the high performance y-blocks and y-blocks in general that he builds,that this modification works well,just take a look at you tube at his videos had see,he even has videos defending himself and modification on there........i dont have money or experience or extra y-blocks to build so i just drive mine as is, I say if you dont feel comfortable with the modifacation then dont do it and leave it at that, in other words "dont knock it tell you tried it",or better yet make some videos of a y-block with the arms pressurized and the harm its doing to back up there reason you disapprove.........

with any design there is always room for improvement's....

Just tried of statements with no back-up! atleast try to prove it yourself before you talk on it,how about taking a stab at proving it to yourself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by all american boy View Post

i'm not going to 'jump ship' on the Ford engineers

that made it this way.

sure probably all Ford engines after this

were rocker shafts only no overflow tubes.

that doesn't prove anything in my book.

Have A Nice Day!
Have A Nice Day!

Last edited by 54mainlinetim; 03-28-2012 at 10:43 PM.
54mainlinetim is offline   Reply With Quote