View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
bobH

Default Re: 1933/34 ford chassis identification?.

Regarding 'features'... The front shock hole is an 'indicator', but not an absolute identification feature. The 'transition' cars, mentioned above, can also have the front shock hole, but originally came with 34 shocks. I have such a car. And, regarding the frame numbers... I've been watching the barn for many years, and have occasionally seen posts where the numbers are discussed. But, I've never seen any documentation that lists the Canadian numbers (by year), the same way that we have a pretty good definition of 33-34 US numbers ???
If one takes a close look at the car that I have, it only leads to confusion, or perhaps, mine is a 'transition' car. It has numerous 33 features, and some 34 features, and excellent indicators that the car is an original car, not pieced together from parts. Examples... Original paint visible on all parts, including doors, tub, hood. Hood is 34, and latch cutouts in cowl appear to be 'factory'. Cowl vent is 33. Original dash is 34. No hood-rest-notches on top of cowl (like 34's have). Doors and window features are 33. One bumper is 33, other is 34. Grille is 34. And, frame has front shock holes, but came with 34 shocks. Fenders appear to have always been black - generally associated with 33, and body-color generally associated with 34 (I know, there can be exceptions.).
Just opinion, just observation....
bobH is offline   Reply With Quote