View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #28
mrtexas

Default Re: Thank you Ford Barn - My 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead_pete View Post
Just wanted a quick shout out of thanks to Ryan et al and all those before him. Just purchased this 33 from an ad here. Stoked to say the least. Comes with a 35 motor/box/diff etc that are out of the car as the original motor, box and brakes are missing. Only planned up grade immeadiately is juice brakes. I wont have it in my own shed for a few months so plenty of time to plan but think it will just get it together and running. Thanks again.
I recommend the Bendix brakes and new drums made by MT Car products if you want to keep the wire wheels. If it were me I'd get old Ford hubs as they are much cheaper than new ones. Bendix are much superior to Ford Lockheed brakes.

With my 36 woodie I got 42 squareback spindles and put disc brakes on the front and MT bendix on the rear. Stops on a dime. ECI makes a bracket and bearing spacer to put late model Ford discs and late model chevy calipers on the squareback spindles. You have to use 40 steelie wheels however. Going disc in the front won't cost you more than going bendix.
mrtexas is offline   Reply With Quote