View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #25
CC33

Default Re: Mice in you A during winter.

Personally, I can't stand the smell of moth balls in the car. I have always had good luck with spring traps and peanut butter. I tried glue traps once. However, note to self, they are not designed to be re-used. I remember once catching a mouse in a glue trap and pulled him off of it. In one hand I had a legless mouse, and in the other a glue trap with four legs.

Also get a can of that expanding foam at Home Depot or Lowes. Seal up any holes or cracks in the garage now before the colder weather sets in.

I worked for the telephone company for almost 30 years. Mice are incredibly destructive to telephone wiring. The buried telephone cable has pedestals where the cable is connected to the home subscriber. Mice use these pedestals as a mouse house. They chew all of the insulation off the conductors and nest within the splice. They also urinate into their own nesting material. This is EXTREMELY hazardous when removing the debris. Never disturb a mouse nest without the proper mask. The urine crystalizes and becomes airborne, causing irreversible lung disease. Always spray the nesting with any water based liquid to prevent airborne particles.

As far as mice climbing on floor jacks. I have found mice in aerial telephone splices 35 feet up a telephone pole.
CC33 is offline   Reply With Quote