View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
JJCunningham

Default Help needed: Fuel Flow issue

Happy Easter Everyone!

I'm afraid I'm in need your help and expertise. Two weeks ago my 1930 Roadster was running great. I took it on a 50 mile tour and had no issues whatsoever.

A week after that (April 8) I was headed down town for a parade when the car started sputtering and knocking out on me. I pulled over, removed the settlement bowl with the in-line filter, emptied it, and put it back. I opened the gas valve and nothing happened. The bowl didn't fill. I assumed it was a clogged gas line.

After cleaning out the gas tank (there was a LOT of gunk) and fuel line pretty thoroughly, I'm afraid the same problem is still happening.

This time, I noticed that when I empty the settlement bowl, and reinstall it, then turn on the gas nothing would happen, but when I loosened the bowl screw to the point that it almost leaked on the outside, it would flow smoothly and rush to fill the bowl and the car would run fine for about 10-15 minutes.

Is it possible there is some kind of vapor locking happening in the line? Each individual part of the line has been rechecked and seems clean.

I'd really welcome your help so I can get the old girl back on the road. It was running perfectly fine up until parade day. So it's a bit of a mystery to me.

Many Thanks!
JJCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote